What is a Cat-Friendly Practice?
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is leading the movement to make veterinary care less stressful for cats and their caregivers.
Established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM), the Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing the stress for the cat, caregiver, and the entire veterinary team.
You can expect your Cat Friendly Practice to:
- Understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats.
- Have a feline-friendly environment and make veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner.
- Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
- Meet specific standards for the facility and care of hospitalized cats.
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is designed to:
- Help reduce stress associated with veterinary visits.
- Improve the quality of care provided.
- Educate the veterinary team about your cats’ distinct needs and behaviors.